Monday, April 20, 2015
2.5 Day workshop with Teagan White! July 3-5th!
Join us for an awesome new workshop led by illustrator, Teagan White!
Registration is open to locals and travelers - full list of details or to sign up, click here.
EXPLORATION & INSPIRATION
An illustration workshop with Teagan White
July 3 - 5th (Friday Night, Saturday and Sunday)
18 spots available
This workshop is open to locals and travelers! We believe that the best way to expand your creative practice is by connecting with other like-minded people in an environment that promotes exploration, innovation and discovery.
In this new 2.5 day workshop, illustrator Teagan White will share her perspective on what it’s like being an artist committed to two very distinct working styles, both influenced by her connection with the natural world, and why she makes exploration and discovery out in the wild environments of Minnesota a necessary part of her practice. Participants will be encouraged to explore their own stylistic spectrum, look to new sources of experiential inspiration to fuel a new body of work, and learn new ways of expanding their practice authentically through a series of demonstrations, discussions and studio sessions, both out in the (literal) field during a day at Lake Maria State Park and at Light Grey Art Lab.
• Teagan White’s artist lecture and Q&A session on Friday Night at Light Grey Art Lab
• Meet other Twin Cities creatives at the Patches & Stitches Exhibition opening reception and Meet & Greet
• Artists wishing to diversify their practice will be prompted to engage with previously unexplored techniques, styles, or concepts
• Artists with multiple "styles” will gain insight into ways of promoting the spectrum of their capabilities and balancing a multi-faceted career.
• Travel to gorgeous Lake Maria State Park for a series of exploratory art-making sessions and time out in the field as Teagan discusses how the natural world influences our creativity.
• Participate in outdoor (and internal) exploratory sessions to help stimulate ideas for new projects and ways of working.
• Revealing the our personal authenticity and bringing our personal passions into every aspect of our practice.
• Opt in to barbecue and bike to the fireworks in Minneapolis with the Light Grey Crew and local artists on Saturday, July 4th.
• Explore alternative ways of making during demos and studio sessions.
• Chat with Teagan about your personal practice during one-on-one working sessions.
Teagan White is a freelance illustrator specializing in intricate drawings of flora and fauna, playful watercolors of animal characters, and illustrated typography. Her clients have included Target, Papyrus, American Greetings, Penguin Random House, Disney Hyperion, Nike, Honda, Ford, Wired Magazine, and the Washington Post. She lives and works in Minnesota, where she spends her free time following tangled animal paths through forest and field, attempting to befriend gulls on rocky lakeshores, picking wildflowers, and collecting animal bones.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS / REGISTRATION INFORMATION